The changes to the tentative agreement reached with CNH can be viewed by clicking this link.
Although we don’t meet during the summer months, the Local wants to get together for a social activity! We would like to invite ANY of our members who wish to join us on a Labour History tour of Vancouver!
Click here to see what the tour involves. The Local will pay the cost, as long as we have at least 6 people who will join us.
If you think you may be interested, please email our acting Secretary Treasurer Bernice by filling out the form below. Once we have picked a date, we will email those who are interested to confirm.
We have finally been able to get the electronic version of the Collective Agreement with Hastings Community Centre online! It can be viewed under the collective agreement section of our website, or by clicking here. Included in it is the benefits booklet, for everyone’s convenience.
We are pleased to announce that the updated Local Issues Agreements for The Children’s Foundation and BC211 have been signed off, and uploaded to our website!
To check your Local Issues Agreement, use the link under Resources / Collective Agreements / Local Issues Agreements from our website, or click here.
VANCOUVER—Community Social Services workers, members of CUPE Local 1936, have reached a tentative agreement with Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH).
The parties held five face-to-face bargaining sessions beginning on December 18. At the conclusion of the final session on March 26, the employer and union signed off on a five-year agreement that will include an 8.5-per-cent increase over the next four years, with an extra 3.3 per cent over the life of the agreement for casual workers (a 2.9-per-cent wage increase plus 0.4 per cent in lieu of Family Day), plus 1 per cent of last year’s wages in lieu of retro pay.
CUPE 1936 is hosting a shop steward training. Please contact Bernice Way (education officer) firstname.lastname@example.org or 604 781-6864, if you would like to sign up for it. There are a few spots still available.
On April 1, 2019, bargaining unit employees are to receive a 2% general wage increase, and mileage rates will increase to $0.49/km.
CSSEA and CSSBA have agreed on the distribution of the first of three annual $20 million Low Wage Redress fund (wage schedules outlining the hourly wages are attached) effective April 1, 2019. This will also cover the adjustment in pay in lieu of benefits for part-time and casual employees to account for the addition of Family Day.
Read the full bulletin here.
You will noticed that we changed the membership meeting for March, 2019.
The new date is : March 13, 2019 @ 6:45 pm – 8:45 pm
December 18, 2018
New wage grids available for Community Social Services
Wage increases effective February 1, 2019
The Public Service Agency has calculated the Economic Stability Dividend (ESD) for 2019, which will amount to a 0.75% increase on hourly rates effective the first pay period after February 1, 2019. A general wage increase of 1% is also in effect on the same date, raising hourly wage rates for all Community Social Service members by a total of 1.75%.
The bargaining agents for the sector have agreed to new wage grids that incorporate these increases for all members represented by the Community Social Services Bargaining Association, including CUPE members who work in Community Living and General Services. See the new wage grids incorporating the wage increases, attached to this e-mail.
The ESD was negotiated in collective agreements covering workers in direct government, health, social services, crown corporations, universities, K to 12 and other post-secondary institutions. The ESD increase applies to all collective agreements with the ESD Memorandum of Understanding.
The Economic Stability Dividend is calculated on the variation between the actual growth in provincial real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and the projected real GDP growth, provided by the provincial Economic Forecast Council. Real GDP is adjusted for inflation and is measured by Statistics Canada. It is published on a provincial basis in their report titled Real Gross Domestic Product at Market Prices in November of each year.
The CSSBA has confirmed the Employer’s ESD calculation of 0.75% on the new wage grids.
This is the last implementation of the Economic Stability Dividend from the April 1, 2014 to March 31, 2019 collective agreement. Under this agreement there was a total of 5.5% in general wage increases, 7.5% for comparability adjustments and 1.95% in four Economic Stability Dividend increases. The recently negotiated collective agreement improves on this with additional general wage increases and annual amounts for Low Wage Redress, which will apply to all positions with comparable jobs in the Health Sector