INDIGENOUS LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
CUPE Local 1936 is located in unceded Central Coast Salish territory. We wish to express our gratitude for the use of this unceded territory to all Central Coast Salish Peoples and to Qay’gayt and Musqueam First Nations who have ties to this territory.
CUPE Local 1936 believes that acknowledging Traditional Indigenous Territory is a way to honour and show respect to the original inhabitants of this land, on which we learn, work and play.
The Office is located upstairs inside Royal Square Mall at #208 – 800 McBride Blvd., New Westminster BC V3L 2B8. Our phone number is 604-522-8445, and our fax number is 604-777-0297.
E-mail contact is best or voice mail if we are not in. Be sure to include: your name, where you work, phone number or e-mail and the best time to reach you. You can also try some Executive Members on their cell phones.
This is your 2022-2024 executive:
Sheryl Burns, President
cell: 604-781-6864 / office 604 522-8445
Leslie Carlberg, Trustee
Tanja Giljevic, Trustee
office 604 522-8445
If you are interested, please fill out this form, and we will get back to you as quickly as we can. Don’t forget to include which Committee or Working Group interests you in the comments section.
CUPE 1936 represent over 1200 members in Community Social Service. We have 20+ agencies that we service.
For the most part, our members fall in to the General Services Collective Agreement and the Community Living Collective Agreement between Community Social Services Employers’ Association (CSSEA) and Community Social Services Bargaining Association of Unions (CSSBA), which we are proud to be part of. Other members have stand-alone collective agreements with their Employers. Click the Employer name below to see the appropriate Collective Agreement, where available.
CUPE 1936 represents Community Social Services workers in the following agencies in Vancouver Lower Mainland:
- The Children’s Foundation
- Langley Community Services Society
- Battered Women’s Suport Services
- Tradeworks Training Society
- Collingwood Neighbourhood House
- Community Ventures Society
- Delta Community Living Society
- Sources Community Resource Centres
- Hastings Community Centre
- John Howard Society of Lower Mainland
- Little Mountain Neighbourhood House
- North Shore Disability Resource Center Association
- Richmond Society for Community Living
- Sunshine Coast Association for Community Living
- Touchstone Family Association
- Vi Fineday Family Shelter Society
- W.J. Stelmaschuk and Associates Ltd.
- John Howard Society of the Fraser Valley
- Maple Ridge / Pitt Meadows Community Services
- Portland Housing Society