The BCFED needs your help. We are looking for donations to make this year’s Christmas dinner a success:
- unwrapped toys & teenager gifts
- non-perishable foods
- gift cards & passes
The 2021 Labour Christmas Dinner is being adapted in response to the pandemic and capacity constraints. Food hampers and toys will be offered, but there will not be any catered food, nor a clothing drive and the event will take place in Vancouver only.
Volunteers are need in Vancouver at the Maritime Labour Centre, 1880 Triumph Street on:
- December 20 – unloading trucks with food and toys @ 9:00 am
- December 21 – filling hampers, setting up the hall @ 9:00 am
- December 22 – filling hampers, sorting toys @ 9:00 am
- December 23 – volunteer at the Vancouver location starting at 3:00 pm
Please send your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org advising if you are available to volunteer on the above days in Vancouver. The BCFED vaccination policy applies for all volunteers. You must show BC vaccine passport & ID at start of shift. Mask wearing is required throughout and social distancing maintained wherever possible. Hand disinfectant will be provided.